Hello learners In this article we are going to discuss NPTEL Developing Soft Skills And Personality Assignment 1 Answers. All the Answers provided below to help the students as a reference, You must submit your assignment with your own knowledge and use this article as reference only.
About the course:-
The course aims to cause a basic awareness about the significance of soft skills in professional and inter-personal communications and facilitate an all-round development of personality. Hard or technical skills help securing a basic position in one’s life and career. But only soft skills can ensure a person retain it, climb further, reach a pinnacle, achieve excellence, and derive fulfilment and supreme joy. Soft skills comprise pleasant and appealing personality traits as self-confidence, positive attitude, emotional intelligence, social grace, flexibility, friendliness and effective communication skills.
|Developing Soft Skills And Personality Assignment 1||Click Here|
|Developing Soft Skills And Personality Assignment 2||Click Here|
|Developing Soft Skills And Personality Assignment 3||Click Here|
|Developing Soft Skills And Personality Assignment 4||Click Here|
|Developing Soft Skills And Personality Assignment 5||Click Here|
|Developing Soft Skills And Personality Assignment 6||Click Here|
|Developing Soft Skills And Personality Assignment 7||Click Here|
|Developing Soft Skills And Personality Assignment 8||Click Here|
|Developing Soft Skills And Personality Assignment 9||Click Here|
|Developing Soft Skills And Personality Assignment 10||Click Here|
|Developing Soft Skills And Personality Assignment 11||Click Here|
|Developing Soft Skills And Personality Assignment 12||Click Here|
NPTEL Developing Soft Skills And Personality Assignment 1 Answers 2023:
1. Soft skills are also known as
- Coding skills
- Technological skills
- People skills
- Artistic skills
- ChatGPT skills
- Communication skills
Answer :- Will update answers soon and update on our telegram channel so Join Click Here
2. Vivek is an experienced pilot working for a renowned airline. However, lately, he has been facing work-related challenges affecting his job satisfaction. Which of the following options could be meaningful solutions for Vivek to overcome his struggles?
- Engaging in training and skill enhancement programs to stay up-to-date with the latest aviation advancements.
- Building a strong support network of fellow pilots or aviation professionals for mentorship and guidance.
- Engaging in unethical practices to achieve better job satisfaction.
- Focusing solely on monetary rewards for job satisfaction.
- Communicating openly and constructively with his superiors about his concerns.
- Actively seeking opportunities for professional growth within the aviation industry.
3. Identify the pessimistic thoughts from the given options.
- “Nothing ever goes my way, no matter how hard I try.”
- “Every challenge I face is an opportunity for personal growth and development.”
- “I always seem to make the wrong decisions.”
- “Endless possibilities and opportunities surround me.”
- “I cannot achieve my goals and create the life I desire.”
- “With determination and perseverance, I can overcome any obstacles in my path.”
Next Week Answers: Assignment 02
4. As indicated in this Course, what are the necessary indications for real learning to have taken place for an individual?
- The learner must have read as many books as possible.
- The learner must have attended all classroom lectures.
- The learning could be perceived from the learner’s change in behavior.
- The learner must have known how to transact and learn from the environment.
- The learner must have watched an influential movie.
- The learner must have spent money in college to win many friends.
5. Identify people with a growth mindset from the following options.
- Prerna avoids challenges that may expose her weaknesses, preferring to stay within her familiar areas of expertise.
- Anil believes that effort and dedication can lead to improvement and mastery in any area.
- Mandakini views mistakes as personal shortcomings and tends to give up easily when faced with difficulties.
- Parvathy sets ambitious goals for himself and takes consistent action to achieve them.
- Trisha actively seeks feedback from her colleagues and uses it to improve her skills.
- Vijay avoids situations that require him to stretch his skills and prefers to stay within his comfort zone.
6. Choose the reasons why self-assessment is significant.
- It fosters continuous learning and improvement by identifying areas for development.
- It breeds self-doubt and undermines one’s abilities and potential.
- It empowers individuals to take control of their personal and professional development.
- It hinders personal growth and keeps individuals stuck in their comfort zones.
- It discourages individuals from seeking feedback and guidance.
- It promotes self-accountability.
7. Identify the people below who best exemplify a high spiritual quotient as described in the lecture on inner core strengthening.
- Anirudh is a successful business executive who is highly intelligent and emotionally stable but struggles with managing his emotions and often experiences burnout.
- Sreedevi, a yoga instructor who values compassion and connection with others, does not have a powerful sense of purpose or vision for her life.
- Ashish is a humanitarian aid worker passionate about helping others and takes time for introspection, and tries to connect with something greater than himself.
- Kanaka is a religious leader who has a solid connection to her faith and values but fights with others with different beliefs.
- Athul is a philosopher who values wisdom and contemplation but struggles with anxiety and connecting with others on a deeper level.
- Rohini, an environmental activist driven by a clear purpose and vision for her life, values compassion and connection with others in achieving her goals.
8. What is an optical illusion?
- A tricky statement.
- An image that is intentionally misleading.
- A type of hypnosis.
- A hallucinatory thought.
- A visually stimulating dream.
- A visual that determines our perceptional differences.
9. Identify the physiological needs from the following examples.
- Jaya is a homeless person who struggles to find shelter and food to eat on a daily basis.
- Pratik is an environmentalist who seeks a sense of purpose and fulfillment by making a positive impact on the environment.
- Shiva is an entrepreneur who desires financial success, independence, and the satisfaction of building something of his own.
- Gloria is a social activist who is deeply motivated by the need for social justice and works tirelessly to help marginalized communities.
- Philip is a construction worker who works long hours in extreme weather conditions, often lacking proper hydration and nutrition.
- Mandvi is a teacher who loves to spend time with children and pays them close attention.
10. If you possess spiritual intelligence, you would be:
11. A group project at an organization requires five members and currently has six interested candidates. The manager decided to shortlist five members by providing a smaller project and observing them. Out of the following observations, who is unfit to be shortlisted for the project?
- Madhu weighs the pros and cons and makes well-informed choices that benefit the team as a whole. Her decisions are based on a combination of logical reasoning, intuition, and a deep understanding of the project’s objectives.
- Anushka empathizes with her teammates, acknowledges their strengths and weaknesses, and provides the necessary support and encouragement.
- Farhan is uninterested in contributing to discussions or offering valuable insights. Instead of seeking innovative solutions or alternative approaches, he tends to become overwhelmed and rigid in his thinking. Farhan’s rigidity in thinking hinders the team’s ability to navigate obstacles and adapt to changing circumstances effectively.
- Rahul pays attention to detail, regularly reviewing the work for quality and accuracy. He maintains a composed demeanor under pressure and makes informed decisions based on careful analysis and consideration of available information.
- Mridu actively seeks feedback from team members and takes the initiative to resolve conflicts, ensuring a harmonious and productive working environment.
- Ananya displays a high level of adaptability and flexibility. She readily adjusts plans and strategies based on new information or unexpected challenges.
12. What is the exact relationship between soft skills and learning?
- Soft skills are learned only through reading books.
- Soft skills are learned only through attending classroom lectures.
- Soft skills can be learned through interacting with the environment.
- Soft skills are not important for learning.
- Soft skills are only necessary for certain professions.
- Soft skills are unnecessary for success.
13. What does the term “Kaizen” refer to?
- Sudden change
- Continuous Improvement
- Constant sorrow
- A Buddhist temple
14. What does Stephen R. Covey suggest people should do before conveying their ideas, feelings, and emotions?
- Seek to be understood first.
- Ignore other people’s perspectives.
- Seek to understand others first.
- Vent out emotions immediately.
- Assume the worst of others.
- Refuse to empathize with others.
15. Who said, “If you plan on being anything less than you’re capable of being, you will probably be unhappy all the days of your life”?
- Abraham Lincoln
- Franklin Roosevelt
- Margaret Thatcher
- Abraham Maslow
- Steve Jobs
- Winston Churchill
16. Which among the following will be one of the qualities of a person who wants to change the world and make it a better place?
17. Who among the following DOES NOT exhibit the quality of a self-actualized individual?
- Sowmya is a successful artist who expresses her creativity freely and seeks personal fulfillment through her artwork.
- Lakshmi is a philanthropist who is committed to making a positive impact on society through her charitable initiatives.
- Janak is a professional athlete who relentlessly pursues excellence and pushes his physical and mental limits to achieve peak performance.
- Mishal is a wealthy businessman who prioritizes material possessions and societal status.
- Karnika is a dedicated teacher who finds joy in helping her students achieve their full potential and grow academically.
- Rony is a scientist who seeks knowledge and understanding through research and scientific exploration, driven by curiosity and a thirst for discovery.
18. Who said, “I now see spiritual intelligence as emerging from our most basic and primary need for and experience of deep meaning, an essential purpose, and our most significant values and how these lead to a deeper, wiser, more questioning life and affect our decisions and experiences.”?
- Ian Marshall
- Danah Zohar
- Albert Einstein
- Paul Bloom
- Cornel West
- Elizabeth Walker
19. Who among the following exhibit self-management skills?
- Kristina often takes on more responsibilities and commitments than she can handle, resulting in a chaotic and overwhelming schedule.
- Aryan finds it challenging to concentrate and stay focused during study sessions. He frequently gets distracted by his surroundings, hindering his ability to learn and retain information effectively.
- Anjana works full-time while balancing the demands of parenthood. She effectively manages her time by establishing routines, delegating tasks, and seeking support from family members or other services when needed.
- Aamir works in an office environment and constantly struggles with keeping his workspace organized. His desk is cluttered with papers, files, and random items, making it difficult for him to find what he needs quickly.
- Manjusha frequently indulges in impulsive shopping sprees, buying items she does not necessarily need or can afford.
- Kabir neglects his physical health by regularly indulging in unhealthy eating habits, avoiding exercise, and neglecting regular check-ups
20. What does emotional literacy refer to?
- Knowing how to manipulate others’ emotions
- Knowing how to invalidate others’ emotions
- Knowing how to avoid all emotional experiences and interactions
- Knowing how to bottle up emotions
- Knowing how to manage one’s own emotions
- Knowing how to use anger to channel emotional outbursts
21. Devika believes the path to self-actualization is the same for all and desires to achieve it before her friends and family members. Devika has an explicit and informed approach toward self-actualization.
22. Rajeev believes that life will become more meaningful once we accept the inevitability of death. He is right.
23. Learning and growing from mistakes is a positive use of adversity.
24. Aneka is a social media influencer who tries to be a therapist to people who consult her online. She propagates the idea that it is all right to repress our emotions as no one would genuinely be interested in our feelings and that it is important always to maintain a strong demeanor. Aneka deserves recognition for the service she provides.
25. Celebration of diversity is futile as human beings tend to connect more with others from similar backgrounds.